Friday, January 1, 2010

From 2009 to 2010 - all in the day in the life of a retiree

Probably everyone who blogs has their take on 2009 and the New Year 2010 that is upon us. I am no exception. Last night (New Year's Eve) my wife and I went out to dinner and then down to our church (Harvest Bible Chapel - Oakville) for a movie, food and fellowship and to bring in the New Year.

Because of the big change in my life in August (I was let go by my employer after 21 years), I found myself a little at a loss of what to do with the rest of my life.

And, although I pray I have much more life to live, life after a 42 year career is something I have been thinking about a lot. I feel so blessed that at this time I am able to persue my oil painting and web designs and am seeking ways to serve God in this special time of my life.

It is always challenging to separate my efforts in my Christian walk between my local church and our Three Cord Ministries ministry. I am asking for prayer in this matter from friends in the faith.

It is wonderful and a yet a bit scary in some respects that we do not know what is 'around the corner' in life. We can always look back though and see God's hand in our affairs. I am so blessed to be at this time in my life with my wife and family and friends.

I want to thank all who have encouraged me and wish everyone a blessed and prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment