Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Great Message by Pastor Robbie


"Bring on my Purpose Please!"

This is a message that I needed to hear today. It was taken from Acts 26:12-29. Knowing our purpose in Christ has to be the most important thing we can know in our Christian walk. How can we can be a purpose-driven chuch or even a purpose-driven people unless we know that our paramount purpose is to glorify God by putting into practice the Great Commission.

It is our Highest Calling to proclaim the Gospel. Just take a look at Romans 1:16, 1 Corinthians 2:2, Galatians 6:14 or Acts 20:24.

In every case Paul knew his purpose - not to be ashamed of the Gospel - to know nothing but Christ crucified - to boast in nothing but the cross and to testify solemnly of the Gospel of the Grace of God. Everyone of these points to proclaiming the Gopsel.

Something that has been on my mind is what excites me and why? What motivates me to do or not do something in my Christian walk?

Paul was clear when he was in front of Agrippa and Festus by delaring his purpose in verses 16-18 of Acts 26.

His purpose was to witness the Gospel so that the Gentiles would have their eyes opened, turn from darkness to light, be rescued from Satan and come to God, receive forgiveness of their sins and receive their inheritance ... by faith in Christ.

I realize now that much of what I have done in Christ's name was not His real purpose for me, that it required much more obedience on my part that I was willing to give.

Maybe I was unwilling to take opposition and maybe I didn't really believe that God is the only help that I need in proclaiming his Gospel. Maybe I wanted to do what I wanted to do ... I let doubt steal my purpose.

Thank you Pastor Robbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment